Can I be a patient?
In order to be a patient of the Open Door Clinic you must 18 years of age or older, gross 200% at or below the Federal Poverty Guidelines based on your household income and be an Alamance County resident. Below is a checklist of the requirements to become a patient:
Spanish interpreters available!
ALL information below is required to be seen at the Open Door Clinic. Upon receipt of ALL requested information, you will be notified of your appointment date. You have 30 days to return the documents below. Once you have reached your 30 days, we will no longer hold your application and you will have to start the application process over again.
① Verification that you or the person you live with is an Alamance County resident. PO Box is not acceptable since this does not indicate your physical address.
- Current North Carolina driver’s license or picture ID. No out of state IDs accepted.
- Current utility bill such as water, cable, electricity, natural gas or land line telephone bill, etc. DATED (within 30 days).
- If you live in Liberty, Mebane or Gibsonville we will need an Alamance County tax bill, car registration or Food Stamp award letter DATED indicating your PHYSICAL address.
- If you live in a group home or shelter, please provide a statement from that facility indicating that you are currently residing there.
- If you DO NOT have any of the above documents, we will accept a Food Stamp Award letter.
- If you DO NOT have any of the above in your name, a notarized statement from the person you live with and their utility bill or food stamp award letter will be accepted.
② Proof of Household Income
- Your two most recent pay stubs if you are working, verification of gross unemployment benefits, verification of child support, pensions, retirement, social security or disability checks. Current bank statements showing direct deposits of benefits is acceptable.
- IF you filed taxes or you are listed on taxes with a spouse, parent or other family member, all family members receiving income will need to turn in their recent income as listed above.
- IF you have NO income: Provide a NOTARIZED statement from the person that supports you.
- Current Federal Tax Return (1040) if you filed or 4506-t Form signed.
We must have your previous medical records to process your application. Please complete a Consent for Release of Information for each provider you have seen in the last 5 years.
Tuesday: 9:00am – 4:00pm
Wednesday: 9:00am – 4:00pm
Thursday: 9:00am – 8:00pm
Friday: By Appointment Only
By Appointment Only – Inquire for details!
Tuesday: 9:00am – 11:30am
*Evaluations only. We do not treat pain with medications. Referrals are made to UNC orthopedics if treatment is needed.
Mental Health Evaluations and Counseling
Tuesday: By Appointment Only
Thursday: By Appointment Only
3rd Tuesday of the Month: 5:00pm – 8:00pm
The urology clinic is currently unavailable.
Services Not Covered
Orthopedics – We DO NOT treat ANY type of pain